Why Am I Itchy After I Shower?
Do you notice that your skin feels tight after retiring from a long hot shower? Do you notice yourself scratching often maybe even that your skin seems to flake off afterwards? This could be due to the high levels of minerals in your water which are found in hard water. All you need to do to solve the issue is install a water softener.
Hard water can be very tough on skin especially if you already have a skin condition such as eczema or psoriasis. Hard water contains minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron to name a few. These minerals do no react well with soap and easily form salts which stick to your skin, clogging pores and drying it out.
What is my solution?
By installing a water softener you can easily stop the following symptoms which are caused by hard water.
- Dryness- This is due to the minerals forming a film on the surface of the skin.
- Flaking– Although the skin flakes due to scratching this may not always be skin. The flakes could be particles of the salts formed by the minerals in hard water.
- Tight Skin– The minerals on the skin form to it as a shield. Think of the film you will see on a sink after a long time of enduring hard water.
- Itching/ Cracking– This is due to the drying out of the skin just as we see regularly in the cold winter months. In severe cases, the skin can become inflamed and bleed upon cracking.
- Dullness/ Wrinkles- The minerals in hard water break down healthy skin cells making the skin vulnerable to UV rays and sun damage.
- Acne- The salts form on the skin and clog pores creating breakouts.
Hard water has not been proven to cause skin conditions. However, it will continually worsen the issue. By having salts and minerals on your skin you will need to spend good money on expensive soaps which could intern destroy the natural oils in your skin. The only way to make sure that you are not endangering your skin is to install a water softener. This way you can be confident that you are cleaning your skin the proper way and keep all of the healthy oils where they belong.
Call Angel Water Inc. in Barrington, IL at (847) 382-7800 to have your water tested today!
Angel Water Inc.
214 S Hager Ave
Barrington, IL 60010